Black Iron - Carbon Steel Frying Pan 15cm / 25cm / 35cm
Heavy duty straight handle black iron fry pans used by commercial kitchens. This is not cast Iron but an anodized malleable untinned iron that is ideal for quick sautéing and frying. Great addition to your kitchen and outdoor cooking facilities. The largest 35cm pan has a small support handle so you can carry or move it with you cooking in it.
There are a number of reasons why cooks talk passionately about their black iron pans. Besides being an ideal heat conductor, black iron heats evenly and consistently, it is inexpensive and will last a lifetime with proper care, and it is a great way to cook fat free. When well seasoned, a black iron pan will be stick resistant and require little additional oil.
The benefits of black iron pans:
- Extra long handle helps in moving hot pan to plate. (The largest 35cm pan has an assist grab handle.)
- Ideal for low heat cooking
- Spreads heat evenly and fast
- Heat retention qualities allow for even cooking temperature without hot spots
- Enable precise control of cooking temperatures
- Helps keep temperature constant while frying
- The riveted handle comes with large eyelet for hanging
- Very functional long handles help lift the pan with kitchen gloves
- Foods glide out of it as if coated with a non-stick coating, but without the chemicals
- Suitable for all cook tops including induction, however best suited to gas
- Can be used for outdoor cooking i.e. BBQ's, camping etc.
- No special utensils are needed
- Can be used in the oven
- Easy to clean
Before You Buy Please Understand the Following:-
- Please note that your Black Iron pans when first received are protected by clear, non-toxic oil which must be removed before using
- You will need to season the pan first with cooking oil to obtain a natural film. This natural film will form over time and with regular use will become virtually non-stick
- Please understand Black Iron can oxidize, this oxidization is a natural occurrence with Black Iron pans and in part it may have already occurred before you take delivery. Therefore we strongly recommend that the pan be thoroughly cleaned and scoured to remove all rust and then re-season
25cm Frying Pan Dimensions
Size - 255mm
Depth – 50mm
Handle - 230mm
Overall – 475mm
Weight – 1.1kgs
35cm Frying Pan Dimensions
Size - 350mm
Depth – 44mm
Handle - 300mm
Overall – 710mm
Weight – 1.6 kgs
Please appreciate that these pans are not suitable for dishwashers.
Thanks HeapsBy: Jane O. on 2 February 2015I love this product as this is easy to clean and it has long handles so easy to lift when cooking and can be used on outdoor too. So over all the product is good.